Firearm license test

Christopher

Příspěvek#1 » úte 21. dub 2020, 21:33

Hello,
I have a permanent CZ residency and live in Prague.
Can I do the firearm test in English language? I have heard some police departments in Prague allow interpreter to assist during the exam.
Can you please advise if you have information?
Thank you!

Chris

DJ Die

Příspěvek#2 » úte 21. dub 2020, 21:49

Sadly, you cannot. The written test can only be done in Czech, assistance of an interpreter is forbidden. You can use English during the other parts if the examiner speaks English, though.

Christopher

Příspěvek#3 » stř 22. dub 2020, 06:22

Thank you DJ!

DJ Die

Příspěvek#4 » stř 22. dub 2020, 09:07

You're welcome. Hows your Czech? Id say you can pass the test if you're at B1.

Arc

Příspěvek#5 » stř 22. dub 2020, 11:15

Yeah, B1 level should be enough for the test, because both the questions and answers are publicly accessible. Although it is likely you will not understand some of the more complex questions, you should be able to memorize the correct answer for them without any problem. People that really study for this test cram so much they can answer most questions just by looking at them, without really reading - and that is most people, because even 2 or 3 mistakes can mean you fail and there is some cooldown period before you can attempt to get certified again. Anyway, for real-life purposes, the rule of thumb is the easier the question, the higher its importance, so you will not miss much.

You can download an app if you have android (not sure about ios) and you can practice the questions over and over again until you are confident you can make it. If you can´t, well then signing up for the real certification would be a waste of time. Or you can practice the test on this very webpage.

https://zbranekvalitne.cz/zbrojni-pruka ... ky/trenink
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ukaz&hl=en

Sud

Příspěvek#6 » stř 22. dub 2020, 11:34

Yeah, but there is still a problem with the examiner, which probably doesn't speak english. And the briefing before the exam will be only in Czech as well. Sometimes, there are important informations.

Arc

Příspěvek#7 » stř 22. dub 2020, 13:31

True that, the examiner might or might not speak English. I would not underestimate them, though. They are quite often well educated and accomplished people, so chances are they will speak at least some english. The instructions should not be a problem, someone will reconfirm them in english, plenty of time for that. And about the practical exam... should the examiner not speak English at all... czech langauge at B1 level should be enough, one just needs to recognize the orders they are going to get. Not much talk done there apart from those orders like "field strip" "load" "check" etc.

Christopher

Příspěvek#8 » stř 22. dub 2020, 14:47

Thank you very much guys! Really helpful.
I will start reading the questions right away :)

Arc

Příspěvek#9 » stř 22. dub 2020, 15:07

Good luck with it. If you have a problem with particular question, just write it here and I am sure either I or one of the guys here will gladly help you out :)

ToF

Příspěvek#10 » stř 22. dub 2020, 15:16

Also, if you are in Prague, I suggest taking the exam at Prague Armory, it's a more expensive shooting range but the instructors speak English there, and are pros in general. My own experience anyway.

For now, just focus on the written exam, however, as if you fail that, I believe you have to wait 3 months (someone correct me?) before you can try it again and basically the whole process has to start again.

Sud

Příspěvek#11 » stř 22. dub 2020, 16:05

ToF píše:...I believe you have to wait 3 months (someone correct me?) before you can try it again and basically the whole process has to start again.

Yes, precisely.

Christopher

Příspěvek#12 » pát 24. dub 2020, 21:10

Gents, thank you very much for your advices and readiness to help!

DJ Die

Příspěvek#13 » pát 24. dub 2020, 23:54

Youre welcome, should you have any other questions, we will be happy to help again.

Christopher

Příspěvek#14 » pon 27. dub 2020, 10:43

One question. In the test option answers they also mentioned zbrane kategorie E. I couldn’t find any kategorie E in zbrane. Not to be mistaken with license prukaz skupiny E.
Non of those answers has been correct by now, is this just a catch?

Shirako

Příspěvek#15 » pon 27. dub 2020, 11:14

I cant find any question wich mention 'zbraně kategorie E'. Can You send whole question? Becaues there are non weapons of E cathegory. And I don't think, that in test are any catch questions.

https://zbranekvalitne.cz/zbrojni-prukaz/testove-otazky

Zpět na