How to acquire a gun permit

Cizojazyčné dotazy a příspěvky

insane

Příspěvek#1 » stř 11. lis 2009, 20:04

Hello,

i'd like to obtain a gun permit in the Czech Republik. As I've just begun to learn the czech language I'd like to take the examination in english. I' ve heard this is offered by the Trigger Service. Unfortunately they are located in Brno, but I'm living near Plzen. Do you know if this is possible somewhere near Plzen, too? If this is not the case, could I take the exam in Brno although I'm not living there? I'm not sure about the responsibility of the local police.

kind regards,

insane

MarK
moderátor
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek#2 » stř 11. lis 2009, 20:29

Hi!
I hope you're not really insane :P
Try contacting Leiko, they're located in Plzeň and they have a lot of experience with managing international shooting competitions, so they might also offer licence exams in english.

insane

Příspěvek#3 » stř 11. lis 2009, 22:19

Hello Mark,

thank you for fast replying, i'll try to contact them. If they do not offer that, could I take the exam in Brno although I'm not living there?

Btw, I'm not insane but the the politicans of my country let me drive this way.
I'm not sure how much time is left till they will ban all legal weapons. Instead they have ambitions to constrain our liberty more and more. I don't know much about the position of the czech government but I've read one of the books of Vaclav Klaus, "Blue Planet in Green Shackles". After that, I can say that I would be proud of having such a president who stands up for freedom of the public.

MarK
moderátor
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek#4 » stř 11. lis 2009, 22:30

There are some restrictions - generally the Police in the place of your residence decides where you do your exam but mostly it is possible to ask them to do it elsewhere, although it's not a standard.

I wouldn't want to drag politics into this, especially with klaus "standing up for freedom" (he's standing up just for the attention of the media and public to him).
Retaining our rights to bear (legal) firearms is a constant social and politic struggle, probably everywhere in the world (I don't know what country are you from). For more info on this topic, check or contact GunLEX.cz.

insane

Příspěvek#5 » stř 11. lis 2009, 23:04

Thank you very much, that's a good starting point!

JIP
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek#6 » čtv 12. lis 2009, 07:00

2insane: Hi mate! I am just curious. Can I ask you where are you from?
Good luck with getting gun permit over here anyway ;)

insane

Příspěvek#7 » čtv 12. lis 2009, 08:04

Hello JIP,

my country of origin is germany.

MarK
moderátor
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek#8 » čtv 12. lis 2009, 08:49

Na in Deutschland ist es doch (noch nicht) so schlimm mit dem Gesetz. Bis auf die komische Messerverbote :lol:

insane

Příspěvek#9 » čtv 12. lis 2009, 14:08

Hi MarK,

Du hast recht, noch nicht. Doch werden wir mehr und mehr in den Medien verunglimpft. Ueberall tauchen "Spezialisten" auf, die sich mit den Sachverhalten auskennen wollen. Die breite Masse ist fuer diese Argumente meist sehr empfaenglich. Fehlt nur noch der Ausloeser fuer weitere Verschaerfungen der Gesetze bis zum Verbot. Die Jaeger und Sportschuetzen aus meinem Umfeld geben dem Legalwaffenbesitz in D vielleicht noch 2 Jahre. Traurige Entwicklung. Leider sind die Leute zu wenig organisiert. Bist du auch in Osterrreich unterwegs? Du scheinst dich sehr gut deutsch verstaendigen zu koennen. Wie ist dort die Situation? Da gibt es doch den IWOE als Interessenvertreter.

Aus Bruessel wird sicher auch nichts Gutes fuer uns kommen...

admix
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek#10 » čtv 12. lis 2009, 14:11

Obrázek

:lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

I guess you'll enjoy our legislative.

insane

Příspěvek#11 » čtv 12. lis 2009, 15:00

Well, your are right. The messages I post should be understandable in an universal language as long as I can't communicate in your native one.

The german legislation seems to go from bad to worse. We are getting more and more disparaged by the media. Everywhere appear those "experts" who pretend to know the facts. The crowd is mostly susceptible to this. Just another catalyst is missing and there will be another tightening of the gun laws. The hunters and shooters i know give the scene just a period of 2 further years. (just a feeling) Bad trend, anyway. Seems, we aren't enough organized to withstand the growing pressure, unfortunalely.

JIP
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek#12 » pát 13. lis 2009, 08:03

That's too bad. I thought that in Germany most people is OK with possession of legal guns.
I am afraid that government in the Czech Republic is picking most German laws shortly after they come into force in Germany.
So, from my point of view, if they ban anything in Germany it will be the same over here very soon anyway.
:(

insane

Příspěvek#13 » pát 13. lis 2009, 11:22

There are some interesting discussions at the forum of iwoe.at (unfortunately in german language only) about the tightening of gun laws within the european union and all kinds of background. Well, if I take a look at the latest news (fall of the monetary system, fall of the economy, the sudden "rage" of the swineflu, i've got a feeling that the "big one" is still on the way. Moreover (or because of this?) there is a tremendous will from the political side to control nearly every aspect of our live. But the question is, who is behind the laws (and accordingly on the authority of whom is the european parliament making decisions?) And what's the final intend? I've never been interested in politics in the past but this has changed as there are too many unanswered questions or obvious lies about things which are happening every day. So the published information by the mass media about the legal gun owners in germany. I'm not a friend of any conspiracy theory but the trend really frightens me and I ask myself some questions. Maybe this quote has got some truth in it and that's why they are on the way to control and finally ban all of our weapons:

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."

Please apologise that I bring politics onward. But sadly, meanwhile our hobby, traditions and freedom are really endangered.

insane

Příspěvek#14 » pon 16. lis 2009, 20:54

btw, how many people own legal guns in the Czech Republic? When I take a look at the shooting map, there must be a huge number :)

admix
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek#15 » pon 16. lis 2009, 21:02

There are ~306 000 valid gun permits; I think ~230 000 E class (required to concealed carry). ~660 000 (?) registered firearms.

Zpět na